Join Jane at These Upcoming Events
From Founder to Leader: Designing Your First Team For Success @ Chicago Startup Week
Friday November 8, 11:00 – 11:30 am CST @ mHub Chicago, 965 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60642
An intimate fireside chat during Techstar’s Chicago Startup Week between Jane Scudder and Debra Giunta, CEO Prismatic.
Rock Your Annual Review
Tuesday November 12, 6-8 pm CST @ Rent 24, 444 N Wabash Avenue, 5th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611
Before signing off for the holidays, take some time to reflect on your performance this past year. Performance Management is a critical part of your career advancement, but most professionals end up writing their assessment or feedback for peers at the last minute without much thought.
In this interactive workshop you’ll learn what exactly you should communicate in your annual or mid-year review, how to translate your work in the most compelling and effective way possible, and how to write feedback for anyone – managers, peers, direct reports, and external partners.
- What exactly you should be communicating in your annual review
- How to present your work in the most compelling manner in writing and verbally
- How to give & receive feedback at any level
- 1:1 practice delivering & receiving feedback
- Follow up session with professional coach
Women's Leadership Roundtable Breakfast (Business Owners)
Wednesday November 13, 8 – 10 am CST @ The Guild, 1445 West Webster Avenue, Chicago, IL 60614
The conversation will be loosely structured so please come prepared to chat, share, and listen. You’ll walk away with insight on experiences of others, ideas for overcoming hurdles, and thoughts on applying learnings to your day-to-day.
Open to all women and female-identifying individuals.
Get Unstuck Bootcamp: Make Your Career Pivot
Friday November 15, 10 am – 4 pm CST @ Rent 24, 444 N Wabash Avenue, 5th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611
Have you been wanting to make a career pivot but unsure what you want to be doing, how to translate your past experiences, or where to even start?
This robust career bootcamp will show you not just tactical job search techniques, but guide you through an exploratory day of learning to better understand yourself as a professional to ensure you’re moving your career forward on a path that is aligned with your values and professional work style.
Learn research based techniques to explore your values, interests, strengths, and skills and leverage these in your job search. Learn goal setting techniques and how to effectively “career map.” Finally, learn how to put this all together in a strategic job search and learn a framework for discussing and explaining your pivot to anyone.
This interactive workshop includes 1:1 feedback and coaching with a professional coach.
- Understand your values, interests, strengths and skills, and how they do and don’t relate to your career
- Be able to clearly set, measure, and adjust short and long-term goals
- Learn how to develop realistic career expectations
- How to effectively explore different job paths
- Understand the value of micro-goals and how to set, measure, and track these
- Be exposed to “career mapping” and learn how to use it to make measured, thoughtful decisions about risks, pivots, and more
- Understand job search strategies and techniques “start-to-finish”
- Learn how to craft and deliver a strong personal narrative and understand how this is different from a personal brand
- Exercises to deepen learning & reflection
- 1:1 feedback and coaching time with professional coach
- 1:1 accountability
Take The Lead Quarterly Series
Wednesday November 20, 5:30 – 8 pm CST @ WeWork, 20 West Kinzie Street, Chicago, IL 60610
The New Exec invites you to the launch of Take The Lead, the premiere leadership evening for rising leaders in Chicago
Take The Lead is Chicago’s most robust leadership development evening program open to the public. Each quarter we’ll focus on one theme that’s critical to success of rising leaders.
Guests will enjoy conversation with a hand-selected group of panelists and speakers to represent a range of industries, job functions, backgrounds, and experiences.
Our November 2019 theme is People & Team Management and we can’t wait to break this down.
Here’s why this theme matters and what you can look forward to during the evening:
Management is one of the most critical parts of the work world, yet a high number of people and team managers report not having sufficient training and support. Those not currently in management positions but who aspire to it are often unsure (a) how to move into these roles, (b) what people management truly includes, and (c) if people management would be a good fit.
Join us to learn what’s worked and not worked from leaders in these roles, how to shift from an individual contributor role to a manger role, “watch-outs” for leaders at all levels, the difference between managing directly and indirectly, and more. We’ll also cover the #1 thing you must do to set your management style apart.
- Panel discussion with individuals living the evening’s theme (no consultants or “experts” – simply people who are navigating the ups and downs IRL)
- Interactive workshop led by leadership coach & master trainer to teach a tangible outcome that can be applied immediately in your work
- Fireside chat with a local senior leader who’s making a big impact on the community
Wine, beer, and light refreshments will be served.
25% of all net proceeds from the event will be donated to a local charity
Want me at your event?
Let’s brainstorm how I can best support you and your needs.